5 Day Ausangate Mountain Circuit Trek – Peru
June 1 @ 8:00 am - June 6 @ 5:00 pm$1100
Ausangate Circuit Trek
June 1st-6th 2021
Deposit Deadline March 1st 2021
Deposit Deadline March 1st 2021
RESCHEDULED TO 2022
This multi-day trek is tucked away in a well-hidden section of the Vilcanota Mountain range and includes the ENTIRE Ausangate Circuit. This route is 62 miles long and climbs from 10,827ft to over 17,300ft. We will be hiking in the shadow of Ausangate, the highest mountain in the Cusco Region. This is a truly remote wilderness trek with incredible views of the Peruvian Andes.
This is a moderate to challenging trek, not technical, with several high passes. The campsites are at high elevations and will be below freezing at night. It is essential to be properly acclimatized for this hike, spending at least two or three days in Cusco (or equivalent altitude) before starting. If you plan to participate in the 10 day Machu Picchu trip prior to this trek, you will already be acclimated.
Highlights: pristine wilderness, lots of wildlife, glacial mountains, turquoise lakes, Rainbow Mountains, Ausangate Mountain! Secluded hot springs the last night on trail!
Distance: 62 miles
Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
Altitude 10,827ft to 17,300ft
Adventure Rating: 5/5 Moderate to strenuous, lengthy, high altitude
Solitude Rating: 5/5 Quiet, remote, off the beaten track
Location/Terrain: multiple high passes, rocky terrain, cold nights
> This is a great add on to the 10 day Machu Picchu trip found > HERE
As Always >>> A full gear list and other important information will be provided.
Deposit Due March 1, 2021>>> $400 (Non-refundable)
>Paypal and Venmo payments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
>Credit cards, checks, and money apps are also accepted. Please pm for details.
>Please include your full name, email address, phone number, and what the payment is for in a comment in Paypal/Venmo or a letter with your check.
- All airport transfers
• Camping at the hot springs
• Hotel stay on the day of arrival
• Private transport to start of the trek
• Personal porter to carry your overnight gear up to 8kg/17.6lbs
• Dry bag for your overnight gear so it won’t get wet or dusty along the trail
• 3 person, 4 season tents (2 people in large and comfortable tent)
• One inch thick foam mattress pad
• Self-inflating Alps Mountaineering mattress pad
• Wool blanket, pillow, hot water bottle for your feet at night
• Dining tent with tables and stools
• Toilet tent with toilet and toilet paper
• English speaking professional guide
• Full meals on trek (3 meals per day, tea time every afternoon, and snacks on the trail)
• First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank and emergency horse
• Chef, cooking equipment, and kitchen tent
• Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food, cooking equipment, and your duffel bags)
• Hot water every morning and evening for hand washing purposes
• Boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and afternoon
• Entrance to the Ausangate/Rainbow trail
• Private transport back to your hotel in Cusco
- International flights
- Travel/Rescue Insurance
- Dinner on the last day
- Personal items
- Tips for your guides, porters, and trek staff are optional but highly encouraged if you enjoy your trek
If you would like more information, email us at email@example.com.